The Northern Territory (NT) Rugby Union is the state administrative body for Rugby in the NT, responsible for managing the development and running of the game. We are here to support the growth of this great game throughout the Territory. We offer an exciting working environment where no two days are alike and the unique NT lifestyle that everyone comes to love.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The agreed primary objective of Rugby Australia (RA), Northern Territory Rugby Union (NTRU) and the Territory Sports Academy (TSA) Rugby Pathway and Participation Program is to improve the quantity and quality of local athletes and coaches to ensure the long-term sustainability of Rugby Union in the Northern Territory (NT).
The NTRU’s Manager Pathway & Participation is a key contributor to the overall development and facilitation of the Rugby Pathway and Participation Program within the NT. The primary purpose of the Manager Pathway & Participation role is to:
- Develop and implement a pathway system, through the RA Development Framework, incorporating holistic long-term athlete development principles that integrates local, regional and national networks to ensure all Rugby athletes are given opportunity to develop.
- Develop, implement and provide leadership for a Pathway & Participation Plan, based on the RA Development Framework, encompassing all NT development programs, including school, clubs, academies and representative teams.
- Develop, implement and establish an inclusive rugby academy as pathway opportunities for athletes.
- Provide high quality coaching and tailor the provision of individualised, long-term, holistic athlete development programs to nationally identified athletes in line with RA, NTRU and TSA agreed outcomes.
- Develop, implement and support the coaching of structured pathway development training programs for all athletes, and manage the development of Rugby coaches at club, regional and representative level.
- Ensure all NTRU athletes are assessed and monitored according to their developmental stage and in line with RA protocols where appropriate.
Further details available here
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 6pm, Sunday 20th February 2022.