Board Member (Voluntary)
Northern Territory Rugby Union Inc
The Northern Territory (NT) Rugby Union is the administrative body for Rugby in the NT, responsible for managing the development and running of the game.
We are here to support the growth of this great game throughout the Territory.
Northern Territory Rugby develops people
We do this by engaging members, community and clubs in positive, social environments while inspiring people to compete and enjoy rugby and its values of: Integrity – Passion – Teamwork – Discipline – Respect.
To deliver our vision, NT Rugby Union has based our plan on 4 strategic pillars which align with the Rugby Australia strategic pillars.
- Make rugby a game for all Territorians
- Ignite Territorians passion for the game
- Create excellence in how the game is run
- Create aspirational opportunities to grow through rugby
An exciting opportunity exists to be a member of the Northern Territory Rugby Union Inc Board. This is a volunteer position.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with the Board, CEO and staff of the NTRU
- Ability to support the continuous development of the NTRU strategic plan
- Ability to continuously raise the awareness and brand profile of the NTRU in a positive manner
- Previous experience on a Board would be highly regarded
- An understanding of not-for-profit sporting organisations would be highly regarded
- An understanding of rugby union is desirable but not necessary
The Board plays an important role in providing the direction and governance for the NTRU. As a Board Member, you will be required to attend a meeting once a month (2nd Wednesday of every month) and share knowledge/experience where appropriate. There are times where volunteer hours outside meeting times are required to meet the responsibilities of the board position.
Email Shane Sullivan (Chief Executive Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Board Member, NTRU